Monday, February 20, 2012

Are my family's splurging practices on weekends hurting my diet?

I am a college student and I have been overweight/obese most of my life so I decided to do something about it but not go to the extreme. In the past I have tried strict crash diets and have quit on them because I couldnt take it anymore. This time around I decided to cut out all fast foods from my diet (i.e mcdonalds dunkin donuts) and I also stopped drinking regular soda. I eat a chobani yogurt in the morning, a salad with a low cal dressing and dark leafy lettuce for lunch. Dinner consists of a grilled chicken or vegeterian dish and a salad. I also have cut out snacking at night and drink propel water or coke zero occasionally. Now here is the bad part, I go home to my family on friday nights and they do a take out to a pizza place (its a tradition they do every friday) and sometimes if I am there for dinner on saturday they do a chinese takeout or go to applebees. So is 1 or 2 nights of splurging detrimental to continue losing weight. I am 6'4" and went from 260 to 240 in 5 weeks. Also I do brisk walking around the large college campus.Are my family's splurging practices on weekends hurting my diet?
Once a week splurge is okay just hold back but twice a week could spell trouble. When you go to these places can you have something low cal like a salad with grilled chicken or any of the other lo cal entrees? Most pizza places have salad buffets. Can you ask to go to Applebees rather than the Chinese. Applebees has some good lo cal entrees. You are on the right track by avoiding fast food and walking around campus. Most fast food places have decent salads. Ditch all dressings. The eggs and cheeses add enough interest to the salads. Try ev olive oil and salt on your salads. Evoo is all around good for your general health. Look into not drinking artificially flavored/sweetened drinks. Try black or green teas sweetened with honey. Try real hard to drink plain water. I had to get use to the taste and now that is my beverage of choice, besides crown and coke ;)Are my family's splurging practices on weekends hurting my diet?
You're allowed to splurge once a week, without it harming you're diet, so you don't end up feeling deprived, which usually leads to a serious binging problem. I would try to miss out on one of the fast food takeouts, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment