Thursday, February 23, 2012

What are the possible reasons for overeating in a young man and how do you fix it?

My boyfriend is in his early 20's. He's thin and healthy, and not depressed. His eating habits have always seemed extreme, ever since he was 12, but, in the past few years, I've noticed they're getting worse. He eats about 8 full meals a day, about 4500 calories per day, and is very expensive =( He'll eat anything in front of him, in some kind of daze. He eats his dinner in like, a minute, then starts on my dinner, then goes to the fridge, and then starts calling pizza places. He also eats my parents' food and causes trouble for me.



In spite of his insane eating, he easily gets too thin, but he never gets fat, which worries me. He has the exact opposite of an active lifestyle. He always says he's very hungry, so I guess he doesn't get full =/



He often eats so much that he gets nauseas or sleeps for days. We've gone to the hospital a few times for excessive vomiting from overconsumption. He once injured his stomach lining by eating too much food. I think he makes himself sick about two to three times a week. He also gets sick by knowingly eating expired food or food that has been left out for days. Whenever we talk about it, he's always cooperative and promises to work on it, but it never seems to stick.



Even though he eats so much more than me, I feel I have to eat fast just to get my fair share, and it's getting competitive and driving me crazy. T_T Sadly, I'm painfully polite and I don't always argue. For the record, he's a very doting boyfriend and would never let me skip lunch, so he feeds me when he accidentally eats all my lunch. He also buys my groceries when he eats too much of my food budget.



I'm concerned about my current theory, that he might have an intestinal parasite, but we're concerned about the cost of a checkup after last month's trip to the ER after he ate something gross. Do you think it's worth looking into? What else do you think could be causing this, and how do you think we can fix it?What are the possible reasons for overeating in a young man and how do you fix it?
He could very well have a tape worm.What are the possible reasons for overeating in a young man and how do you fix it?
He either has a metabolic problem or an eating disorder. Sounds like the latter but get him checked out medically and then see what mental health resources are in your area.
  • harry potter games online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment