Sunday, February 26, 2012

I want to get in the video game industry, how do I start?

I was doing some research and the best way to get in is to get your foot in the door by becoming a video game tester. I don't really know where to start or have any contacts but maybe someone out there can help out. I'm very passionate about video games and that's what I want to do as my career. So if anyone out there with experience could give me some advice, I would gladly appreciate it.I want to get in the video game industry, how do I start?i have done some checking on the internet because i also want to do this for aliving, and here are 2 of the best sites that i have found so far www.only4gamers.com and http://gametesterguide.net both of those site have alot of info on them, and should help you. good luck!!I want to get in the video game industry, how do I start?Well, there's lots of ways into the video game industry. Becoming a video game tester is a place to start, but I don't know how you would get that position.



There are other ways too, however. Making a video game includes lots of different people working different parts. Artists and programmers are the most notable positions, but they also need musicians, for example, for game music. There are also people who are specifically game designers, but I'm not sure how they get the position.



Your best bet might be to directly e-mail companies that make games - ask them what they look for when they're hiring, and where you can start. Be formal and polite - they will be more likely to take your questions seriously.I want to get in the video game industry, how do I start?I would start by looking at schools that offer a video game design degree. I know Westwood college offers two degrees in video game design. I went to the seminar for the classes about 5 years ago when they first started offering degrees in video game design. The CEO of Konami or Sega happened to be at the presentation to promote it.



There are really two paths that I know of in video game design. One is the actual visual programming of the game, the other is producing the storyline or content/flow of the game.



Hope this helps...check out my review of the top 3 video game consoles at http://www.squidoo.com/sonyplaystation3r鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment