Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is racism that hard to fight? I say no and I've got a story to share about it.?

I just submitted this Business Ethics assignment and then I turned around and posted it to a Future Teachers forum and a few other places when a question was posted about home schooling and thought I'd share it with you. We are as different as cats and dogs, yet we can still get along.



Jason "Chief" Stansfield



What I posted :



I was home schooled for High School and I would love to share a Business Ethics assignment with this forum. This should show exactly what home schooling can do for a student if they are taught right.



Business Ethics - Discrimination At Work



I see racial ignorance in the work place and outside of work through delivering pizzas and as a Security Officer. I also see racial discrimination due to this and because of a lack of intelligence to both parties that are doing the discriminating and those being discriminated against. I would like to say that I am not now, nor have I ever been a racist nor have I tolerated racism. I do not believe that a person's skin color, their gender, their sexual preferences, or their ethinical history should be a decision to discriminate against anyone.



Having said all of this I know that racial discrimination does happen. Do I think that affirmative action can be a good thing? I think that if it was done properly and with good judgement that it could definately be a good thing. However, over the small amount of time that I have been on the face of the planet Earth I have seen a major negative trend towards affirmative action having gone to the far end of the spectrum.



In this day and age, affirmative action has gone to the extreme point of where a single white male individual has more luck in working at McDonald's than getting a job at a company that has sought to be "politically correct" in it's hiring and managerial structure, no matter if the white male has more experience, more schooling, or more intelligence. On top of this I see that reverse discrimination is just as bad as discrimination. If you are not a part of the solution you are a part of the problem in my opinion.



I am a single white male, and I have had reverse dicrimination thrown in my face very recently. Being a Security Officer I had a black female come into the Hospital where I work under the Baker Act, which is a mandatory hold until a psychiatric evaluation can be done at a psychological facility after medical clearance through our Hospital. This woman was totally belligerant toward the 3 white male Police Officers that brought her in, towards myself and other white staff, and even towards a black Security Officer who she called an Uncle Tom.Is racism that hard to fight? I say no and I've got a story to share about it.?
Racism is easy to get rid, most people enjoy it!!!Is racism that hard to fight? I say no and I've got a story to share about it.?
I agree with Most of what you wrote, except for this part:



We should be striving for Unity through Diversity. What I mean is, you draw on the diversities between the different groups of people.



:) the first sentence makes sense..but in order to do that, we need to STOP drawing or pointing out "diversity"..instead we need to see what is Similar between ALL cultures, in order for us to understand and appreciate each other. for example, every culture is different, but still have to have rules and stuff about the same things (parenting, etiquette, etc etc). so instead of focusing on how One culture does things vs Another culture, we just need to accept that we all are Humans, and have to deal with the same things each and every day. that is why, compared to the rest, i still think America is wonderful in that it is quite a "melting pot" of sorts... whenver anyone has pride in the flag of the USA, it's not about white people.. it's about it being OUR land, OUR country, together, undivided. instead of trying raise only a Mexico flag, or Korean flag, etc etc.. of course pride in one's ethnicity is wonderful, but so is pride in our Country as a whole. focusing on differences brings up conflict; focusing on Unity brings peace~



good luck to us all~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment