Thursday, February 23, 2012

What are some good athletic foods to eat?

I'm 14, 120 lbs and currently play football at my highschool as a wide reciever. I need to gain more weight (maybe around 130-140) so i'm weight training 3 days a week and I train moderately-extreme every day. I'm about to go to the grocery store and I need to know some good foods to eat for morning and lunch. On a normal school day I eat a bowl of oatmeal and some milk for breakfast and for lunch whatever is at school (usually pizza and a water). I want to start getting more protein in my diet so does anyone have any good food choices they use? On weekends I usually pack it in with a big breakfast in the morning 1,000 calories and about 1,000 calories of pasta in the afternoon. For dinner I eat whatevers at the dinner table (vietnamese food) I do take whey protein powder but I want to be able to get more natural protein too, I usually have 52 grams from powder every day, I know I need about 120+ grams per day to build muscle.What are some good athletic foods to eat?
Eat cottage cheese, more fish, and nuts like almonds. Nuts also pack in a lot of protein. Other proteins include edamame and eggs. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment