Sunday, February 26, 2012

Can a game in stalled on my xbox 360 hard drive still work after the disc is scratched?

Ok so I installed Modern Warfare 2 onto my hard drive with my xbox 360, no scratches on it or anything it works fine, and lets say that sometime in the future that game disk becomes scratched and won't load or be played. Could I still play that game since I have it installed? And also can you install a scratched game?Can a game in stalled on my xbox 360 hard drive still work after the disc is scratched?yes it would still work as long as the xbox can tell that it is the game after it does that it plays off the hard drive. it happened to me with comand and conquer 3 tiberium wars i installed it and then the next day it like cracked in half but i can still play it (on my console it would not work on a console that does not have it installed). and you can install a cracked disc as long as the console can still read it.Can a game in stalled on my xbox 360 hard drive still work after the disc is scratched?yesCan a game in stalled on my xbox 360 hard drive still work after the disc is scratched?Very Yes. What happens is, your Xbox 360 will look at the game you insert, notice it is on the hard drive, and let you run it that way. The only reason the disc spins is so the Xbox can identify that it is a game you still have possession of. Now if the sectors that identify the game are too scratched(almost never happens) then no this will not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment