Thursday, February 23, 2012

I have a 12 year old son who wants to become a game designer. How Can he start?

My 12 year old son wants to become a game designer. How can he start to prepare for his career? What i mean is what kind knowledge should he know about game designing so he can start to make games. Plus what kind of materials and technology

should he get to make games.I have a 12 year old son who wants to become a game designer. How Can he start?Get him an intro to the Basic programming language. This programming language is easy to learn and is a good start into the innards of the computer. He'll probably develop some acquaintances through his activity with the language and they may give him some further clues. Make sure he takes algebra in high school to get a solid concept of writing formulaic statements. Encourage him to have fun with the tools available on his computer. I remember my first game. It was not interactive, just a small rocket ship that started across the middle of the screen firing "ray" guns at an off screen enemy. The ship would go off the screen on one side and come back on the other at the same time running lower and lower on the screen, disappearing at the bottom and reappearing at the top. The rays would be coming out of the frame of the screen signaling the departure and arrival of the "brave little ship. I thought it was hilarious. I was proud of that simplistic program.I have a 12 year old son who wants to become a game designer. How Can he start?Wow

Report Abuse

I have a 12 year old son who wants to become a game designer. How Can he start?Well, I'm sure there is, but find some online software or some kind of software to create a game. He should have a big imagination, think out of the box, think of the characters, what kind of game it will be (rpg, sports), and come up with some sort of story and start off small. Make sure he knows how everything works.

No comments:

Post a Comment