Sunday, January 29, 2012

Am I the only person disgusted by the TLC show Extreme Couponing?

My mom told me about it so I caught some of it out of curiosity. I get that they are saving a ton of money, but I am also horrified at the amounts of stuff people buy. 60 boxes of cereal, 7 cases of soup, 25 frozen pizzas and this was for a family of 2. It appeared to me that it is some kind of illness. The worst of consumerism, greed and a need for more for less. I am just astounded at the ridiculousness of it all. 40 bottles of pepto, 12 bottles of hot sauce all just because you can get it for free. Looking at the pantry's of some of these people makes me believe it is some kind of illness. Extreme grocery hoarders is what it should be called. Their homes are over run with stuff piled in every corner, my mom says they are just playing the system cause they can, what do you all think.Am I the only person disgusted by the TLC show Extreme Couponing?
While I understand the need for a stock pile, as I have 4 kids, I cannot fathom why they need so much of some things. Take one lady and her twin sister, her sister has well over 300 packages of diapers, all of which were free. Yet, she has no children, is not pregnant, and is not actively trying to get pregnant. That, to me, is hoarding. Which is a mental illness.

Now some of the things I do understand, say for instance you have BBQ sauce on sale for .50 cents, and you have a coupon for $1.00 off. In essence you make .50 cents off of every bottle. So that is why these people are buying ridiculous amounts, they are getting "paid" for taking it out of the store. Some stores do not pay the people, but rather take the overage off of other items they purchase which makes things like meat, which usually do not have a coupon, free.

I do not agree with clearing shelves, or illegally using coupons ( which in one show there was a woman who did just that, she is being investigated now), or stealing other peoples coupons. I do use them, but not to this extent, rather I use them to help save money. Which is perfectly fine, if you do this, like other things, within reason.

I would also like to state, that I am glad that a lot of the extreme couponers donate their finds. That, I think, is a great thing to do and does not fall into the hoarding category.
I am an extreme couponer, and yes, I do have a very small stockpile which only lasts me to the next sales cycle.



The reason why extreme couponers buy such huge amounts of stuff is because of "overage" which can be applied to the grocery bill which brings down the final total cost of the grocery bill.Am I the only person disgusted by the TLC show Extreme Couponing?
I agree I don't understand why you need to buy diapers when you don't have a child or dog food when you don't have a dog ,it be different if they were donating to charities but some of them just get it just because it's free doesn't mean you need it ...I do like the ones that feed the neighbor kids and only buy what they need .
It's their choice if they want to fill their house with food. And who are they hurting? The corporations who have billions of dollars? Who cares?Am I the only person disgusted by the TLC show Extreme Couponing?
um...........it's getting very old watching that show!



If peeps wants to junk up their house with products, knock yourself out.
i am too i wouldnt want loads of rotting food in MY garage!
  • kens5
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment