Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Burned my throat on mother's day with hot pizza. Now I feel like my throat got stabbed!! What do I do?

On mother's day I ate papa murphy's pizza. I ate a slice of pizza that was fresh out the oven and the cheese-topping layer was so hot that I swirled the bite I took around my mouth to keep myself from getting burned but it got pasted on the back-upper part of my mouth-throat!



Next day I felt soar on the right-back side of my mouth and I thought it was getting better after a few days. Now since sunday I've had this extreme pain very similar to strept throat where it hurts to swallow and it feels like I was stabbed in the throat!



Today is the 3rd day with this pain and it seems to be a little better since i can swallow now but I can't open my mouth or it really hurts, and I mean really!



When I drink water for example I keep my teeth closed and just use my lips to drink and squeeze the fluid through my teeth. Same thing with yogurt. I tried eating peanuts and I can't even open my teeth far enough to slide em in my mouth! It hurts that bad!



I started drinking vinegar with celtic sea salt (hand harvested) yesterday and I think that's helped some. Today was easier for me to swallow but harder for me to open my jaw! I can talk but I sort of have my teeth clenched together. I also had a strawberry blizzard, frozen lemonade and yogurt today and I think the cold seems to have helped. I'm also taking 3-4 200mg ibuprofen tonight so I can sleep better (I only got like 3-4 hours the night before).



The thing that bothers me is that this pain wasn't present immediately after mother's day when I burned my throat. It came like 6 to 7 days afterward. I hope I didn't get infected! It feels very much like strept throat. The only difference is the pain is on one side of my mouth (right side) and it's extended towards my wisdom tooth area.



Anyone every dealt with this sort of thing before? I can't believe it. It's so precious to be able to eat, taste food and swallow yet I can barely do so. I'm thankful I can at least swallow fluids and mushy food (like banana's), or breath for that matter.Burned my throat on mother's day with hot pizza. Now I feel like my throat got stabbed!! What do I do?
CALL your DR , you should hgave done this immediatly not 10 days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment