Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do I rid of dry skin caused by Pro-activ (benzoyl peroxide)??

I'm 18, and I've tried everything on my face for the past year, and nothing worked until Pro-activ. However after a few weeks, I notied extreme dryness in my face. I stopped using it twice a day and only use it once, and also only went to using step 3. I also started using Neutrogena facial pads, because when I used them in the past they would make my face oily (which I didn't want...but now i DO) however, it doesn't help. I literally have been putting a millimeter thick's worth of lotion (80% aloe vera, doesnt irriate my skin) on my entire face; my pores SOAK it all up within 30 minutes, and my face is oily, but still extremely dry. When I eat, I can barely open my mouth because my skin is so dry. I can't eat sandwhiches or pizza.... My friends are like "you're mouth looks weird when you talk.." but I dont tell them.



Everyday, my face feels like its getting drier, and I'm getting huge cracks in my skin....does anyone have any suggestions or marvelous lotions that actually work??How do I rid of dry skin caused by Pro-activ (benzoyl peroxide)??
It may be that your skin just cannot tolerate this product. Try using it every OTHER day instead of every day. You can actually get infections from skin that is so dry. Most lotions and moisturizers contain alcohol, which dries skin even worse. I would use an aloe lotion that is PURE aloe, meaning nothing has been added, especially alcohol, which is hard to find. I make an all natural lotion for tattoo care healing, one of the products contained in it is calendula oil -- you should try going to a health food store and getting the actual oil (not cream or lotion) and apply the oil to your face. It should not clog your pores and is excellent for healing. Otherwise, get some vitamin e capsules (that you injest) and break them open, then apply directly to your skin. There is medication you can get from your doctor, pills, that help control acne, maybe that is another option for you to consider, as you can get scarring from skin that is this dry.How do I rid of dry skin caused by Pro-activ (benzoyl peroxide)??
add the proactiv moisturizer (not the repairing lotion) to your repetoire. Id you have the subscription you can add it to your monthly delivery.

after you've done the combination therapy, let the repairing lotion dry then use the moisturizer. I had the same problem with excessive dryness but proactiv was the only thing that helped my acne so I didn't want to switch away from it. Bonus: it has sunscreen in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment