Sunday, January 29, 2012

Extreme stomach pains/bloating at night. PLEASE HELP!?

? Pain in upper stomach and back.

? Pain feels like a lot of pressure, and my stomach is visibly extended.

? The pain is a dull ongoing pain.

? The pain can last anywhere from 6-18 hours, but usually last at least 10 hours.

? Pain doesn’t go away with any meds or movements/positioning.

? I have tried simethicone pills, simethicone chewables, ibuprofen, laying down, walking around, doing jumping jacks, going up and down stairs, a heating pad, rubbing my stomach, rubbing my back. Nothing makes the pain better or worse.

? I burp and pass gas more frequently when I have the pains, but when I do release the gas, it doesn’t make my stomach any better.

? The first time this happened was May 2010.

? After then, it would happen maybe once every 3-4 months.

? In the past 8 months, it has happened at least once a month.

? In the past 2 weeks, it has happened 10 of those days or more.

? The pain only seems to happen when I eat fatty foods such as:

o Ice cream

o Fried Chicken

o Mozzarella Sticks

o Pizza

o Brownies

? All of these foods I was able to eat before, and I was also able to eat them for lunch with no problems at all. I was just more careful about what I ate around night time.

? The pain used to just happen in the middle of the night when I would have had these foods for dinner. If I had them for lunch, they wouldn’t affect me.

? In the past 2 weeks, I have completely cut out every type of fatty food and have eaten extremely carefully and healthy. The pains have continued anyways, and they have also started to happen during the day quite close to after I get done eating.

? I have also been experiencing a lot of dizziness the past few days. It happens for several hours and goes away when I go to bed.

? Medications I am currently taking:

o Caziant birth control (I think this may be the cause since I was switched to this brand May of 2010. I also think it is too strong).

o Generic of Prevacid – only take periodically. I took the medication all of December and haven’t taken it since then because I haven’t had heartburn.

o Vitamins – take occasionally (not in the past 2-3 weeks)

o Ibuprofen – sparingly

o Allergy Meds – during the summerExtreme stomach pains/bloating at night. PLEASE HELP!?
Hi there, sorry that you've been having a bad time lately. First of all don't worry. There could be a number of causes for the pain and bloating at night. The most likely thing is that you have an ulcer - either in the stomach or in the small intestine. The pain does tend to begin in the stomach area and radiate into your back. It is important that you visit your doctor. There is a blood test they now carry out that determines whether or not you do have an ulcer - the blood test is now used as it's believed that most ulcers are caused by a virus. If diagnosed with having an ulcer the treatment usually consists of stomach medication - to sooth the ulcer area - and also antibiotics to treat any underlying infection. What I will say though, and it's very important, don't take any more ibuprofen(brufen) or aspirin until you have seen your doctor. These drugs can make the pain worse and will irritate the ulcer if one is present.

You could also be suffering from other things such as severe acid indigestion, gastritis (inflammation of the stomach), Irritable Bowel Syndrome or perhaps gall bladder inflammation. Most of these conditions are easily treated and you will get relief from your symptoms once medication has been prescribed.

No comments:

Post a Comment