Sunday, January 29, 2012

Diabetes? Extreme food allergies? Something else?

Ok, I know I have posted on here before (I have had this problem for about 3 months), but things are changing.



Symptoms--

-feeling sick after eating (or not eating for several hours) but not nauseous, more like all around sick, like a feverish feeling

-feeling lightheaded

-being shaky

-lessened ability to concentrate

-sometimes intense hunger, sometimes no appetite at all

-easily irritated

-strong smelling urine (sweet? or just strong? I am not sure)



Also, today I had a starbucks and a begal for breakfast. I felt ok but after awhile with no food I started to feel ill. Then I ate 2 slices of Pizza Hut Pizza for lunch. That through me over the edge. I felt like I was going to pass out. While watching a movie in the next class period (which was an interview) I couldn't look at the screen because of the small amounts of movement.



One time I tested my blood sugar with a diabetic for fun while rock climbing. It was 185, but I had eaten 2 fun-sized kit-kats about 2 hours before.



I do have family history of diabetes, but not in my immediate family.



My mom has widespread food allergies so I could be allergic to something... however sometimes I am fine with pizza etc, it changes by the day.



I am a very healthy eater most days! My mom buys all organic food and cooks us healthy food. I eat hardly any junk food. I also drink a lot of water and nearly no soda because it makes me feel sick to drink it.Diabetes? Extreme food allergies? Something else?
I very much doubt it is extreme food allergies; my sister only so much as taste egg or nuts and her throat closes over. It could be intolerances though like for lactose or gluten, perhaps a very mild allergy.



Your symptoms are vague and could easily apply to a number of things such as low blood pressure, anemia, stress, anxiety, depression, urine infection, poor diet, anorexia, need of glasses... You mention that you felt like you were going to pass out and that you could even look at a tv screen - I think that is reason enough to make a doctors appt as soon as you can; why live like this if you don't have to?Diabetes? Extreme food allergies? Something else?
As a physician my only advice is to get a diabetic check. The elevated blood sugar is certainly suspect. Even if you eat sugar your glucose should not rise that high if you do not have insulin resistance due to glycolysis and gluconeogenesis holding everything in check/homeostasis.
  • mexican food
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment