Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hi Yahoo' all. You all know if boiled eggs are good for a hungry doberbitch 7 weeks pregnant as a Volkswagen?

my new mommy-to-be likes boiled eggs in the extreme. She quit the kibble without being told as if she were reading Anora. I'm no nutritionist. I can barely keep myself alive, what with pizza and prezels and Pringles.



But eggs are laying around everywhere. Can I indulge her?Hi Yahoo' all. You all know if boiled eggs are good for a hungry doberbitch 7 weeks pregnant as a Volkswagen?
Hey there, I give mine eggs sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month.......including shell! It becomes a great game of chase to see who can gather the most shells in their mouths...LOL I dont do boiled, rather I feed them raw....

Shells are a great calcium source for your gal, and as you say, eggs are an egg-cellent protein source. I dunno the exact diff between the vits in hard boiled vs raw....as with any food item heat from cooking will damage and deplete the vit content.

The last 2 weeks of her pregnancy, you will want to cut back on calicum....to prevent some birthing issues relating to a high calcium levels.

I would definitely indulge her, just be sure to strive for the "balance over time". Doesnt have to be perfect everyday.

And thanks, I cant wait to see the pics of her and the impending pups!Hi Yahoo' all. You all know if boiled eggs are good for a hungry doberbitch 7 weeks pregnant as a Volkswagen?
I feed hard boiled eggs to my dogs as extra treat and protein so they should be fine for your dog. I buy Egglands Best and since they are hard boiled I fed the eggshells as well. Too much of any food , no matter how good, will throw off the nutritional balance so any additives should be fed in moderation unless they are a part of the feeding regime. Raw eggs are not good but scrambles, soft or hard boiled are fine. Puppy food is good for a pregnant and nursing female so try a top quality dry food in the puppy version which you will be feeding to the pups soon enough..lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment