Sunday, January 29, 2012

Picky eater to the extreme?

My daughter wont eat anything but crackers, bread, popcorn without butter, cereal without milk, milk in her cup, yogurt and bacon...yep, great diet. I have to sneak in v8 fruit vege blends to her milk (gross but she likes it)and vitamins. She also hates sweets of any kind and anytime she watches someone eat she gags to the point of nearly throwing up. Anytime I offer her new foods she won't touch them. We have gotten so desperate that a couple of times we forced her to try a bite of something and she gagged and threw it up and cried and cried saying no thank you!!

I need her to eat fruit and veges, peanut butter, mac and cheese, god..pizza! Idk. Just healthy foods really but have no clue what is going on here. Anyone have input on this? Dealt with it? She is 3 tomorrow and really I am at my wits end with this style of eating.Picky eater to the extreme?
My son was like that when he was 3. I was so worried, went to doctors, they said give him what he likes for now, continue w/ vitamins, have him at dinner table while the rest of the family eats w/ his food on the same table setting as everyone else, let it go, without comment.. eventually, he will come around and want what the rest of the family is having. we did this for weeks and finally, he asked for the mashed potatoes.....the next time he wanted a meatball......little by little he came around and now he is my most open eater, he is 12 and he will eat anything and never complains.

good luck:)

No comments:

Post a Comment